Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still waiting--but hey, we are that much closer!

Hopefully this is our last morning here! We just met with the Neurologist fellow and 2 residents. From their end, everything looks great...but we are waiting on the head attending for neurology radiology to look at her MRI. Right now, we are looking at a mid-afternoon discharge. They keep saying she looks absolutely amazing...we are supposed to resume normality, treat her like normal, and just hit the therapies running hard. Hopefully in the long run, all our pre-work will make a difference. She's loved by all here, but they don't want to see her back. We'll post when we are leaving. Stay tuned. We also wanted to "give back" to the staff here---so with help from Andy's sister, Amy, we have a plan! We'll post about it once all the details are set. We are SO excited about it, though.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks great!!!

Unknown said...

Kayla looks great!!!!

Leslie said...

Wow, Jenn. These pictures brought tears to my eyes. You are such a strong mama (and I'm sure daddy is, too), and what an amazing and strong baby girl you have. I'm so glad her progress has been so amazing. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. -Leslie

Kris said...

You baby is absolutely adorable! I found out about your story literally hours after my 10 month old had his 1st dtap shot! Talk about timing. My 3 year old stopped breathing after his set of shots when he was 2 months old, then had febrile seizures any time he had a fever after that. Very scary! I'm so glad your doctor is giving you a medical waiver. My doctor refused to even report the incident to VAERS. I had to do it myself. I probably wouldn't have gone through vaxing my 10 month old if I had heard about this first. Anyhow, my heart goes out to you and your family, especially since we have had a scary experience ourselves. I am praying there are no permanent affects for your little Kayla. She is a little dolly!
Btw, we are south of Buffalo and heard about you through a friend of a friend. God bless!