Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ben and Kayla

Mommy has realized she has been really bad about posting when Kayla and I are doing things...learning things...etc. So, here is a brief update:

Ben
I love love love cutting with scissors. I'm often found cutting paper, pajamas, strings on various clothing items. I don't like anything rubbing against me...seams, strings, bumps, on socks, gloves, etc. I love drinking chocolate milk. I can count and point very consistently with 1:1 correspondence. I can count out loud really well too---pretty high (over 30). I know all my letters and sounds (I have since around 2), but now I'm getting fascinated with recognizing words/letters in things. I find rhyming and silly books, really really silly. I love chapter books, like Nate the great. I love poems and rhymes that I can repeat to myself. I love running around and around in circles in the house dancing to "I'm going to catch you" by Lauri Berkner. I love mommy's old school songs too. I grab guitars and other instruments and jump around like a crazy man. Someone just gave me spiderman shoes that light up and I love running in circles like a superhero. I love playing with my imagination--dress-up/kitchen/anything. If I'm having a lot of fun, I'll say "say that again, or tickle me again, or do that again". Mommy and daddy here the question "why" millions of times a day....they often have to ask me "why what?" because I keep asking why. I love olives, pizza, apples, ice cream, and peppers---and much more. At the grocery store, my favorite snack is for mommy to buy a bag of mini peppers while we shop and I'll snack on them. I started gymnastics a few weeks ago, and love it! Mommy also started reading time again a few weeks ago (resurrected letter time) and I'm loving that too. I'm super fast on my strider and becoming even more of a dare devil. My pronouns are more pronounced, I'm trying to jump on 1 foot (I can balance on 1), and I'm a monkey. I make the best observations and like to share with mommy and daddy how I do things "first you do this, then you do that". I like to use the word rule "that's my rule" or "the rule is"...I also like to use the word compromise. I come up with very good ideas.

Kayla: trying hard to use more and more words. Today alone she growled like a lion, and spit like an elephant. If you say "where's your head" she'll point to it. Although the other day I said "kayla where is your ice" and she grabbed her head and said head. She calls bananas nanas. She loves loves loves balls. LOVES them. She's obsessed with ben's cars and his play car outside. She's a climber. She tries to rock chairs, any chair to my shock. She stands on tables and chairs. She is more of an observer and deliberate in my speech. She likes to flirt and smile. She's a little sneak and love to think she's getting away with something. She throws tantrums. Lots of tantrums. Ben never did that. She loves to laugh and giggle. She bites me when she has a wet diaper. She's started using the potty---well...and peeing on the floor around bath time. I think she's confused because she watches ben pee standing up. She loves to look outside and bang on the window. SHe loves to play outside and doesn't want to ever come in. She loves black olives. She seems to spill the non-spill snack cup everywhere...everywhere! She loves to hold ben's hand in the car. She's constantly attacking him hoping to get attention. She misses andy so much when he goes to work/class and often calls DADA, DADA from her bed. After being really sick a few weeks ago, she refuses to be in her crib. refuses. So, she sleeps on the futon now. We need to get her a matress. She's got soulful eyes. She's a snuggler and definitely words of affirmation kiddo. SHe doesn't like it when mommy says no or has a stern voice when I'm bitten. She loves shoes. She carries them around with her coat hoping someone will take her outside. She loves dresses, and has begun to only want to wear them.

No comments: